The Juniors program director for 2023-24 is George Mowl.
CRPC 2023 – 2024 Junior Rifle Program (open to the public)
George Mowl will be the Director for 2023 – 2024 CRPC Junior’s Program.
Applicants will be Notified by email if their Application was Accepted.
DO NOT SEND A CHECK UNTIL NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE.
The 2023 – 2024 Junior’s Program will be for 20 weeks including 1 week of classroom instruction, 18 weeks of shooting and a fun night at the end of the season. If any of the 18 weeks are cancelled because of weather they will be made up if possible. The program accepts new or experienced youth shooters ages 10-18 years. Each night will be limited to 14 shooters. Shooters are rewarded as their skill level increases.
There will be 1 relay on Wednesday and Thursday evenings starting at 6:00pm each week throughout the program. Please specify which evening you would like to attend as participants can only shoot 1 scoring relay per week. The program will have approximately two 9-week sessions with a break in between for the holidays. Also, the program will not be held when Laramie County Schools are closed or on vacation.
The program will start on the first Wednesday and Thursday in October. If any dates were cancelled they will be made up, if possible.
Sign-up is on a first come, first served basis. CLICK HERE to access the Juniors Program Application. The application is a “fillable” PDF form!
Program fees are $60.00.
All Shooting will be done in the Indoor Range at 2621 East 7th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82001.
Updates & announcements will be posted on either the website or our Facebook pages, or both.
You can also contact the CRPC Junior Rifle Program Director at email@example.com .
This program will emphasize SAFETY, Basic Rifle Skills and Enjoyment of participating in a shooting program. There will be Range Safety Officers (RSOs) and Coaches on the range to assist the shooters. Anyone wanting to be a coach must speak to the program director. The program director is the only approving authority for RSOs and coaches.
Updates and announcements will be posted on the website, on our Facebook page or both. You can also contact CRPC Junior Rifle Program Director George Mowl at George.firstname.lastname@example.org. Also mail email@example.com.
This program will emphasize SAFETY, Basic Rifle Skills, and enjoyment in participating in a shooting program.
Here are some publications and links that provide some information about the shooting positions and scoring of the targets.
Coaching Young Rifle Shooters: https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/758
NRA Junior Rifle Shooting: Currently out of print sometimes used copies are available on line.
Junior Details and Rules
- We will limit the CRPC Junior Program to 28 persons, 14 each on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Each shooter will be issued their equipment at the Armory door. After placing rifle, ammo and other equipment in position on the range, shooters will return to the ready room area until directed to go to their position by the Range Safety Officer (RSO).
- Note: That Eye & Ear Protection is the shooter’s personal responsibility.
- A shooter will only be allowed to fire 1 relay per week for record. Shooters may fire for practice in another relay if there is room, but scores for a second relay will not be counted.
- Shooters will not be allowed to touch or score their targets after firing. Scores will be adjusted only if scores or tally are in error. Shooting positions are Prone (P), Sitting (S), Kneeling (K), and Standing/Offhand (O)
- Shooters may not shoot in more than one position per relay. Qualifying scores above what is required for that level will be carried to the next level if they meet the requirements.
- NO Juniors will be admitted until 6:00 PM. Relay will begin at 6:10 or as soon as we have a full line.
- All Juniors MAY be asked to help out during the Annual Meeting and Gun Show. A sign-up sheet will be available a couple of weeks prior to the Annual Meeting and Gun Show. The Gun Show is the principal money- making activity to help fund the Juniors Rifle program. DO NOT bring brothers, sisters, or friends to work with you!
- All current CRPC Juniors who reach their 18th birthday can join the CRPC as a regular member without paying initiation fee or being on the waiting list. Juniors must have been enrolled in program for two (2) continuous years AND must complete all levels; or continue each consecutive year from joining until they turn 18.
- A Parent or Responsible Adult MUST remain at the indoor range building while the junior is shooting.
- Parents may watch their junior from behind the line if they do not interfere with the coaches or the adjacent shooters. If there is interference the parent will be asked to leave the line.
- The Armory is OFF LIMITS to shooters and non-authorized personnel. Authorized personnel will be told who they are, by the CRPC Armorer.
- A Packet will be issued to each registered shooter to include: a sample target – a copy of Shooting Levels, copies of the General Rules and range rules, and a copy of the season schedule.
- No playing or roughhousing in the waiting room or on the range.
Junior’s Program Range Rules
NRA RULES FOR SAFE FIREARM HANDLING:
- Always Keep the Firearm Pointed in a Safe Direction!
- Always Keep Finger Off the Trigger Until Ready to Shoot!
- Always Keep Firearm Unloaded Until Ready to Use!
Range Safety Rules:
- When carrying your rifle always keep the action open and the empty chamber indicator in the barrel, and when on the line, DO NOT load until given command to “Load”!
- Obey all commands from the Range Officer! Anyone can give the command “CEASE FIRE!” if they see anything unsafe occurring.
- Whenever handling your rifle, always keep the action open and the rifle pointed downrange or up.
- DO NOT handle your firearm or ammo if the range is SAFE or if ANYONE is DOWN RANGE.
All shooters wait until given commands:
- “Move to Firing Line!” Once everyone is on the line, you may pick up your rifle. DO NOT LOAD YET. Use the time to adjust your sling, put on shooting glasses and ear protection, place the ammunition block where it’s easy to reach, etc.
- “Load!” Get into position and load your rifle. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF OF THE TRIGGER!!
- Commence Firing! Begin and continue to fire until you finish your target or hear “CEASE FIRE!” Raise your hand if you have a problem!
- “CEASE FIRE!” Stop shooting immediately; don’t try to get off another shot. Keep the firearm pointed down range with your finger off trigger.
- After you have fired your string/finished your target, raise your hand. DO NOT LEAVE THE FIRING LINE UNTIL A RANGE OFFICER HAS CHECKED YOUR FIREARM AND YOUR CHAMBER INDICATOR IS IN YOUR FIREARM!
For more information contact the CRPC Junior Rifle Program Director by emailing